High School Students Inspiring 4th Graders to Read

One of the best things about my experience as a school librarian is that over the past 20+ years I have worked with every grade level. I have also worked at almost every school in my district. This has given me great perspective and pedagogical understanding.

What I value the most is the relationships I have built with students and with teachers. I love that elementary teachers contact me at the high school (my current post) to ask for book recommendations or tech help.  

I especially loved the latest request. My friend Steve, who now teaches 4th grade asked if I could record high school students talking about their favorite books in 4th grade and what they like to read now. I just finished a media recording studio off the library so this was the perfect opportunity to introduce students to it and to let them use it!!  

I did most of the editing on the pilot video but my plan is to turn that process over to students as I embark on creating a Media Club at school.

I can't wait to hear about 4th graders reactions...I know I would want to read after watching them!

Comments