Digital Tools & Tips: Setting Students Up for Success

Tomorrow is the third day of school and we are about to have freshman students creating accounts for a variety of digital tools. I know their heads are spinning just trying to navigate their way around the school building. I also know when I was transferred to the high school library 3 years ago, I struggled with keeping all the tools and accounts straight, what to use when, how to logon, etc. And I am a school librarian, not a 14 year old! 

I created this slidedeck to help students keep all the accounts straight, as something to refer back to and to help guide any absent or new students who need to set up accounts later in the year. I am sure I will be editing and fine-tuning to meet student needs. Further lessons will go deeper in to each of these tools but I am hoping this helps our students remember what is what and to set them up for success!  

Comments

  1. I love this idea Kathleen! I am planning to try and do something with screencastify this year. Short videos explaining how to access the resources that we show the students in lessons to try and help them access them later if they forget.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment